Getting to Abu Dhabi
Situated half way between Tokyo and New York, Abu Dhabi’s geographical location ensures easy access from the world’s major trade centres. Business travellers can reach Abu Dhabi from London, Paris, Frankfurt, Shanghai, Cape Town or Moscow within eight hours.
The Abu Dhabi International Airport is well served by over 50 international airlines, including British Airways, Lufthansa, Gulf Air, Air France, Qatar Airways, Air India, Singapore Airlines, KLM and Cathay Pacific. Etihad Airways, the national airline of Abu Dhabi, now flies to more than 80 destinations across the globe.
On the ground, Abu Dhabi benefits from a highly efficient road system. Journey time from the international airport to the main business district averages just 20 minutes, and only 10–15 minutes for the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC). Metered taxis are readily available outside the arrivals hall.
How to reach Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC)
Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre is easy to reach by public transport, car or from abroad and has ample parking facilities on site. ADNEC is situated 20 minutes from down town Abu Dhabi and 15 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.
If you are travelling by car, there is ample parking space at ADNEC. Plan your route here.
It is easy to reach the venue by taxi or bus. Plan your trip using public transport here.
Citizens of the following countries can get a free-of-charge visit visa upon arrival at Abu Dhabi International Airport:
Australia, Andorra, Austria, Brunei, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America and the Vatican State.
GCC citizens do not need a visa to enter the UAE.
Citizens of all other countries will need to apply for a visa prior to their trip and there are several options available:
- If you are flying with Etihad Airways or Emirates Airline a visit visa may be arranged for you upon request.
- If you have booked your trip through a travel agency, in most cases they will be able to arrange this for you.
- Your hotel may also be able to arrange your visa, please check prior to booking.
- You can apply for your visa through the UAE consulate in your country.
Where to stay
Traditional hospitality and the highest standards of modern-day luxury come together in Abu Dhabi to offer guests an unmatched accommodation experience. From luxurious seven-star hotels and stunning beach resorts to affordable international hotel chains, the emirate has an extensive variety of accommodation options to make you feel at home.
Hotels located within a 10-minute drive of the Exhibition Centre include:
- Aloft Abu Dhabi **** (located at the exhibition centre)
- Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi ***** (located at the exhibition centre)
- Premier Inn *** (located at the exhibition centre)
- Centro Capital Centre *** (located at the exhibition centre)
- Novotel Al Bustan ****
- Eastern Mangroves Hotel and Spa by Anantara *****
- Holiday Inn Express ***
- Park Rotana ****
- Shangri La Hotel Qaryat al Beri *****
- Traders Hotel ****
- Fairmont Bab al Bahr *****
Our recommended travel agent for the event is Planet Group, who can also assist with flights, transfers and visa arrangements: